Reflections on Peace in Our World
These are some of the things I have come to realise about how things are.
- Would the world be a more peaceful and loving place if these things were more understood and lived?
I understand and, even though I am not fully able to apply them all the time, I am learning to live by the following more and more each day:
- I can only change one person, and that is myself.
- I should not try to change others.
- To trust that if a message is right for someone it will be heard.
- That there are times and situations that bring up emotions and feelings in me that are normally locked away and do not surface in my normal day-to-day life and it is up to me how I react to them; I can after all, choose how I feel.
- That my ego plays a large part in my reactions when I am not present and I am becoming more and more present every day.
- That if I feel upset or angry about something someone else is doing, going and looking in a mirror and asking myself, “What is it about the actions of the other person that I don’t like about myself?” is a very powerful way to find out more about myself.
- When I discover something that I don’t like about myself by looking in the mirror, asking “What is the benefit?”, seeing there is none and moving forward having left it behind.
- There is no point in worrying, right now you are either dealing with a situation, preparing to deal with it or waiting to do so, what is the point in worrying about it?
- That I can truly choose how I feel in any situation, if I have control of my mind.
- That I am creating my life every day and that my dominant thought will become my reality.
- Judgement is weakness, observation is power, judge no-one.
- That God is bigger than any religion.
- When I spend time each day taking back control of my mind it serves to accelerate the positive life I am creating.
- That harbouring damaging emotions, like resentment, is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die, it only hurts me.
- That it is not my place to react on someone else’s behalf.
- That serenity comes when I exchange expectation for acceptance.
- That forgiveness is a very powerful thing and total forgiveness is essential for harmonious living.
- Remembering that fear is just False Evidence Appearing Real.
- Acting from the highest thought, that of love, will always be the right thing to do and recognising what that thought is.
- Understanding that I have an unlimited supply of love to share in the world, and sharing it!
- That if I approach every situation from the perspective of unconditional love, there is no need or room for blame, judgement, negative emotion or anger.
- That, if I find out I have upset someone, my first thought is, how do I put this right and my first action is to do so.
- That, when we accept the past is just that, the past, and accept that we cannot change it, we free ourselves from any hold it may have had over us. It is just there for us to learn from, not to have a hold over us. What is, is; accept it and move on.
- When I smile at least five times a day for no reason my heart is lifted and the world is a better place.
- Every moment of every day is a new beginning, let go of the past.
I trust the above helps you, if it raises questions then that is good, ask them. First ask them of yourself and look to your emotions and listen carefully, maybe you really know what to do next already, you just haven’t listened hard enough yet. Look into your heart and find out what the answer really is.
I would love to know your thoughts on this, I invite you to get in touch.
One last thought, remember that there is only now, the past is only there for the lessons we can learn from it. It has no hold over us. The future is yours to mould, live in the now and enjoy every moment. For now is a gift, that is why it is called the present!